Friday, March 30, 2012

home is wherever i'm with you


Look what I made! I'd seen several versions while Pinteresting/Stumbling, but none were of Virginia. Once I started conceptualizing how to apply their versions to Virginia, I realized why. You can't do it! The outline of the state is so complex, so I had to improvise a bit. Instead of wrapping the string outward from the heart, I just did more of a messy thing. I love how it turned out.

First, you need to find a very simple outline of your state. Kristin, from K Sarah Designs, recommended I use a simple embroidery outline, and it worked great. You'll also need a piece of plywood (I got mine from Michael's), stain (I used dark walnut), a sponge brush, gold nails, and gold string (I used gold embroidery floss). All in all, it cost me about $25.

What do you think?

Leah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah!

    Saw that you linked to this on my blog - Yours looks so awesome! ! I love the random layout of the string - you did a great job! Thanks for sharing your project :)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete